Sunday, August 28, 2011

NOTD: Del Sol Holly Berry (UV Color Changing Nail Polish)

Ok, well in December my family went on a Disney Cruise to the Carribean as a Christmas gift. It was so much fun! While we were at port at one of the islands, we ran across a Del Sol Store. Del Sol translates to "The Sun", which is a reasonable name. Del Sol Products are UV Ray Activated and change colors in the sun. Along with a variety of other products, Del Sol sells color changing nail polishes. These are not like Mood Polishes that change with heat, but they change when UV Rays hit them. Because this was in December, they had a special holiday set. I got a set of three for about $20 which is a very good deal, because these polishes usually sell for $10 each.

I got to go to an event called Santa in the Summer, so I thought that this holiday color would look good with both my shirt and the theme. It's called Holly Berry which is a very good name. It is a pretty red with glitter in it. The application is very smooth, but I had to use 3 coats. It was pretty fast drying, but not as good as I would like. I don't know if it was my topcoat, but it chipped that night when I was playing Black Jack. So not the best wear, and definitly not for school. But I was pleased with the color for that event. Whenever in the sun, it is supposed to change to a purple color. It wasn't very sunny outside yesterday, so I don't think it changed to it's full potential. The first picture is the color inside. The second picture is about after 4 minutes outside, and the third picture is after about 10 minutes outside.

Check out more Del Sol Polishes at their website:

Thanks for reading,
Maggie <3



No comments:

Post a Comment